Navigation

Home

The origins of the Center for Neurosciences date back to 1950, when Tucson’s first neurosurgeon, Juan Fonseca, MD, opened his practice and began working with Charles Elkins, MD. In 1963, George William Nash, MD, joined their group, which was named Neurological Associates of Tucson. The group continued under that name until 2006 when they joined forces with Pediatric Neurology Associates to form the Center for Neurosciences. Today we strive to honor the commitment to quality care that has been at the heart of our practice for 60 years.