Audiology, in close partnership with Otology/Neurotology, offers complete hearing health solutions within Ear & Hearing (E&H) at the Center for Neurosciences (CNS).
Stephanie Bourn, AuD, CCC-A, a highly qualified audiologist with specific expertise in adult and pediatric audiology, adult and pediatric cochlear implants, and adult and pediatric hearing aid management, leads the audiology program. All our audiologists strive to provide you with accurate information regarding your hearing status, promote understanding of your hearing and communication needs, increase your knowledge of evidence-based management and/or treatment options and introduce you to the hearing health tools and resources that can maximize your quality of life.
Dr. Bourn-MacDonald works closely with Dr. Abraham Jacob, the region’s most experienced board-certified, fellowship-trained Neurotologist, who provides medical and surgical care for complex ear diseases. Should you require medical care related to your hearing loss, Audiology at E&H can provide complete diagnostic care, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive diagnostic hearing tests for both children and adults
- Ultra-high frequency audiograms for surveillance during exposure to ototoxic medications like cancer chemotherapy
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing
- Otoacoustic emissions testing
- Newborn hearing screening follow-up
- Videonystagmography (VNG) testing
- Vestibular myogenic evoked potentials testing (VEMP)
- Electroneurography (ENoG)
- Counseling regarding communication strategies and living with hearing loss
- New digital hearing aids – fitting and follow up
- In-office hearing aid troubleshooting
- Cochlear implant audiologic candidacy evaluations, activation, and programming
- Bone-anchored-hearing implant (BAHA, Ponto, and Sophono) candidacy evaluations, activation, and programming
- Middle ear implant (Vibrant Soundbridge, Esteem, and Maxum) candidacy evaluations, activation, and programming
- Earlens candidacy evaluation, activation, and programming
- Assistive listening devices
We provide a variety of services to evaluate hearing and ear-related dizziness problems including:
We also provide state-of-the art hearing rehabilitation options including: